Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Funeral of Nana

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Program of Nana's Funeral


It was my Nana's funeral on Friday,December 3rd in Hawaii. My dad couldn't attend because of his surgery and complications & the Dr. was worried about blood clots forming. So we SKYPE'd him into the services. Modern technology is amazing. We had someone set it up in Hawaii and I set it up here, in my dad's room at the Rehabilitation Center. My dad felt like he was right there. The guy was nice enough to take my dad, the computer, to the casket to see his mom and my dad also was the first speaker during the viewing. It was so good to see the family and my dad was able to talk to his uncles, aunts, brother and sister and others. It was hard for me to watch my dad go through this. Who would've known, that my dad wouldn't be able to attend his mother's funeral? WOW!!! My brother, Clay and his wife, Julee went to represent our family. Modern technology made a terrible situation bearable, by allowing my dad to see everything going on a feeling like he was right there.My mom and dad attending the funeral of my Nana through the computer. Modern Technology is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment