Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Monday, November 22, 2010

Remembering my Nana

My dad adored his mother!!! And it showed, ALL THE TIME!!!

And she adored him as well!!!!
Nana and her great grandson, Trevor, my son, and My Dad
My mom and dad with Nana!!!

My dad loved her sooo much and loved to laugh with her!!!
When looking back through the years and spending my summers growning up visiting my Nanny and Papa in Hawaii, I have many fond memories. I remember going outside and picking flowers off the trees and making lei's and hair clips for Nanny to wear to work. She made herself a flower hair clip everyday. I will never forget the smell of those flowers and how delicate they were. Nanny always said to be gentle with them because they brown so easy. I remember her teaching me the Lord's Prayer in Hawaiian and her always trying to get me to taste everything, including poi. I remember the smell, the sound and the feel in her house. I loved her red carpet and the smell of coffee in the morning and believe it or not, the smell of my Papa's cigarette's. It was all a memory.
I remember when she would come to the mainland and visit us, she would swim with us and always have jumprope contests. She was a little girl caught in an old body, she would always tell us.

No comments:

Post a Comment