Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Monday, November 22, 2010

Scary Text!!! (3 Out of 6)

I was leaving work on Wednesday and received a text from my brother that said, "Please pray for dad we are taking him to the Emergency Room". So I went straight to the hospital. There, Clay and Mom were there and said that dad had gone from 240lbs to 277lbs in the last 5 days. He is retaining so much water and with his pacemaker, it can't be good. So they took him back and ran all kinds of tests. They then had to put a catheder in him to try and release all of the fluids. My dad was miserable with the catheder. He remembered Bryan's horror story and now he was living his own horror story. They ended up admitting him in the hospital on the Cardiac Unit to monitor his heart and continue running tests. His potassium level was up and down and his blood pressure was fine and if it wasn't one thing it was another. We stayed late that night and was told that they would have results for us in the morning. Well, I was at work and received another text that my dad's possaium levels were critically low and that it was not looking good for him. Then I received a phone call from my Aunt who also spoke to my mom and my mom was scared and also told her that it wasn't looking good for my dad. So at work I just broke down and ended up leaving to go and sit at the hospital until the Dr. came in with news. It was about 4:30pm and my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Sale, Jasen & Joanne, Victoria and Matty all came to see my dad. What a great surprise and a wonderful mood booster for everyone.
Dad trying to get comfortable.
Dad's poor leg.
Dad talking to Nana, his mother.
Aunty Joyce listening to my mom's story.
Uncle Sale and Dad visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment