Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fought with Evil Spirits

This morning I came into my dad's hospital room and I asked him how he slept last night. He told me, "Tonya I went somewhere last night, that NOBODY would want to go, I fought with Evil Spirits to stay here." I asked him to tell me more and he said, "That that's all he can say, but he wants to get his pants on and go to work." I told him that he couldn't and he said, "I want to walk and get up out of this bed." But meanwhile, they had brought in this Cardiac Chair for therapy and were going to put him in it and he could go outside. The other thing going on at that time is he was soooo uncomfortable with gas. His stomach was so bloated and he honestly felt like he was going to die, he was in so much pain. So I rubbed his stomach with some oils to help relieve some of the gas. He started to burp and feel a little better, but still uncomfortable. Then the physical therapist came in and dad's left leg was hanging off the bed, from him moving around trying to get comfortable. The therapist said, "Clay, are you getting a headstart without me?" He then said, "I want to get up." So she and the other 2 therapist helped him sit up on the side of the bed. As soon as they sat him up, he let out the BIGGEST burp I had ever heard. Then they continued back to back that I thought he was going to choke on all of the burps. You could see his stomach start getting smaller and smaller.
After sitting up for a while, he wanted to stand up so they helped him stand up.
He had a look on his face as he was looking out his window, almost like he was so determined to prove something to someone that was out there watching him. The look on his face said it all.
DETERMINATION!!!


His mind is so strong and he believes that he can do anything on his own.
But these ladies continued to help him so that he didn't fall. He walked to the wheelchair that was waiting for him, he ended up not needing the Cardiac Chair.
Clay arrived from being up north and he and I, Julee and Mom took dad for a walk to the front of the hospital in the memorial garden. He loves being outside in the sunshine. We sat outside with dad for about 20 minutes, then he was getting anxious because he wasn't very comfortable in the small
wheelchair. After being outside, we asked him "Dad, what do you want to do now?" and he said,
"Take a shower!!!"
He continued to burp and burp and burp on his walk.
After we got him back into the room I got the nurse and told her that he wanted to take a shower.
She said, "I'm sure he does, it's been a few days since his last shower."
She sent in the CNA and she and my mom gave him a good and LONG shower.
He stood on his own in the shower with the walker and the handle.
He showered for a good 30 minutes, finally the nurse came in and said "Clay, we've got to get you back in bed, your blood pressure is going to start dropping"
He kept asking her if she got him REALLY CLEAN down there!
He was exhausted after that last 2 hours and not getting any sleep during the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment