Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vomiting

 Mom called me Saturday morning, Bryan and I were on our way to the temple for our anniversary and she said that Dad started throwing up from a mixture of medications that are being given to him.
His potassium was so low that they brought in this little cup of stuff to bring up his potassium, my dad told them that he usually takes molasses to bring up his potassium and they said, "NO" so he took this stuff and some orange juice and not even 2 minutes later he started vomiting.
He was vomitting sooo much and there was hardly anything in his body anymore.
We tried to give him BOOST, crackers, water and it all came up!!!
My cute dad started crying and I said, "Dad, why are you crying"
He said, "Nana I don't want you here spending your Anniversary cleaning up my vomit! You need to be celebrating with Bryan!" I told him that there is NO OTHER place I would rather be. He ended up giving us one of his gift cards to Red Lobster and told us to go to lunch on him.
He continued vomiting for 6 days. We are trying to figure out with the medications what is making him have this side effect. The Dr.'s don't seem too worried about him not eating, but nothing sounds good to him. There's nothing in his stomach anymore so he just dry heaves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment