Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Monday, December 9, 2013

Trevor Loves His Grandpa

TREVOR'S LETTER:
"When I found out that my grandpa wasn't going to get better and that he didn't have much time left, my heart BROKE! I couldn't imagine my life without my grandpa in it. I wouldn't be able to go and tell him about my football camps, football practices, games and talk surfing. I will always cherish the moments I had with him. Especially when he told me that I reminded him a lot of himself. That it was fine for me to be so shy around girls and that he LOVED that I was so humble when I play sports. He told me that he was proud of me and to always honor my priesthood. I LOVED holding his hand when I could. It hit me hard when I came to Aunty Irene's house and saw my grandpa for the first time. When I was able to bless the sacrament in front of my grandpa for the last time, it made me choke up, I could feel his spirit and it felt like he was right next to me. The sacrament prayer will always have a special place to me as I remember that day. I will always try to make my grandpa proud of me. I love you grandpa and miss you so much. I listen to your music all of the time. I uploaded your music to my iPod and some pictures of you that I can see often. Please be with me through out the rest of my life. I love you! "
Trevor and my dad have a special relationship. Whenever Trevor would come to see Grandpa, my dad's eyes would light up. When he was in the ICU- he was out of it and Trevor walked in. When he saw Trevor his eyes lite up and he said, "TREVOR!!" then he looked at his nurse and said, "This is my grandson Trevor, he is really good at football!" The coincidence was dad's nurse's name was Trevor also and he played football for Snow Canyon years ago. Dad always loved when Trevor would come and spend time with him. Dad told me that he sees a lot of himself in Trevor, not only his height, coloring and body type, but his shyness and humbleness.
Trevor loved to talk surfing and football with dad.
When Trevor arrived on Saturday night, he came over to my dad and whispered in his ear and said, "Grandpa, it's me Trevor!" My dad turned his head towards his voice and opened his mouth as to say something to him. We were all surprised to see dad's reaction to Trevor's voice. Trevor's heart was broken, he LOVES his grandpa soo much and can't believe that this SUPERMAN of a grandpa was on his deathbed. Trevor always loved to hold grandpa's hand. I have pictures from the ICU, Acute Rehab and here, it says so much about the love they shared.
On Sunday, Trevor went with my mom back to the house to get things that she needed.
When he came back he was surprised to see his best friend, Navy and his mom and sister there to see Grandpa. They embraced and some tears were shed. My dad reached out for Navy when he was talking to him and squeezed his hand. My friend Echo (Navy's mom) talked to my dad and asked him to find her brother, Adam and tell him that she loves and misses him. (I know that my dad found him, because my dad knew him and attended his funeral. They use to lift weights together.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment