Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Memories of Dad from Joe's Family

I remember the time that Grandma and Grandpa had a Fourth of July campout for all of the grandkids and I got low while everyone was sleeping (I know because I was there), and Grandpa kept feeding me sugar until I woke up.                                                 - JT - 
                                                           
                     
I remember the time when Grandma and Grandpa took us all swimming for Grandmas Camp on the Fourth of July.  We had a Grandma's store where we would bring things that we don't want anymore and someone else would keep it.
                                                                                     - Janessa -

One of my most distinct memories of Dad was when Joe and I were first married.  Everyone else called them "Mom" and "Dad," but I wasn't sure what to call them.  I wouldn't call them anything.  I would just wait until they looked at me to say anything to them.  One day they were at our house and Dad told me to come sit by him on the couch.  I was still kind of intimidated by him, but I did what he asked.  When I sat down, he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "You can call me Dad."  I didn't know that he had noticed that I was unsure around him, but he went out of his way to make me comfortable.  I has been "Dad" to me ever since.
                                                                                   - Janette-

No comments:

Post a Comment