Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Max's Memorable Memories of Our Dad

 
 The Greatest Memories and Stories I have of Dad

1. Sunday Dinners when dad would get home from his church meetings.
2. Dad Waking us up at 4:00 am to pray before dad went to work.
3. Dad Running every Saturday at 7am with Dad and my brothers.
4. Dad Mowing the lawn, washing the car and picking up leaves.
5. Dad watering the lawn by hand and having us pick weeds.
6. Dad taking us boys to the gym to work out when I was 10 yrs. Old
7. Dad having me and Sonny Boy spot him with 405lbs. At  10yrs. Old
8. Dad Taking Mom to the Temple every month in Cali and once a week in UT.
9. Dad Baptizing me on the 4th of July 1981
10. Dad telling me he knew someday I would break his bench record.
11. Dad helping me set up my gym MaxOut Fitness Center
12. Dad prayed about naming the Boy's Home Liahona and shared it with us.
13. Dad running 10 consecutive St. George Marathons.
14. Dad sitting with me and holding my hand at BYU while I was excommunicated.
15. Dad looking at me with that look of either Joy or Do It Now!
16. Dad Ordaining me to the Priesthood 
17. Dad blessing my kids and baptizing them.

18. Dad Made Bishop
19. Dad love being a Home Teacher
20. Dad blessing my kids every year before school
21. Dad dressing up for Halloween during Garrett Air Research
22. Dad Love Wearing all our Different clothing, from "YOU KNOW" Liahona, Kalamity, Pine View Football, Snow Canyon Football, anything we gave Dad he wore proudly.
23. Dad Singing Karaoke and being the designated Wedding Singer
24. Dad singing at all of Kalamity's event's
25. Dad being the most Honest, Hard working, Loyal man I know.
26. Dad's time 15-30 minutes early.
27.

. Dad Always Said:
"I LOVE YOU"
"Be Humble"
"She's my Wife, my Life,  my All"
"Mama's #1, I'm #2, you make #1 cry, #2 will come after you"
"Suck it Up"
"Top of the Morning to you"
"Fantastic"
"What the Shoot"
"Aloha, means Hello, Goodbye, and I Love You"
"Say, I Love You when they're alive, Not over their casket when they're dead"
"Listen to your mom"
"Do you know what I'm saying"
"Work Hard"
"Think like a bear, when a bear wants to knock the tree over you think it thinks about it, No, it just does it, go do it"
"Be a Leader"
"Start your own Business"
"If you say your gonna do something, Do It"
"Seek ye First the Kingdom of God and his Righteousness and all things will be added unto you "
"Do it right the first time"
"Forgive and Forget"
"You can Do It"
"Silence is Golden"
"Serve the Lord"
"Honor your Priesthood"
"I Love my wife of 45 Years, My Seven Beautiful kids she gave birth to and my 27 Grandkids"

As I reflect back on the many life lessons of my "Dad" Since  I was a boy to my adult hood till 40 I'm going to miss the many late night lifting, spotting in the garage and the gym, the walking, the jogs, the drives and talks, there's one in particular that hits me like a ton of bricks, one that still touches my heart just thinking of it.
It was the night when Cambria took out her endowments, I was standing outside the Temple dressed in my church clothes waiting for everyone to come out. As I waited and saw my wife come out by herself I started walking towards her, then I saw mom and dad walking out, (this was last November 2012) dad was walking very slowly in pain with his legs oozing with puss wearing his black sweat pants and mom was trying to help dad and dad was trying to help mom, the love and care I witnessed of my two parents for each other is hard to describe in words, it was almost God allowed me to see the plan he had in store for me, with my wife and my parents. As I drew near and Joe, Jeanette, Tonya, and Bryan then came  Cambria and Jeff all out of the Temple. As I greeted everyone and we exchanged hugs and kisses we happened to stop someone and ask if they would take a family photo in coincidence they happen to be from Rancho Cucamonga we talked for a bit and went our separate ways. As we paused for a moment in congratulations to Cambria, Dad with his Words of Wisdom and Love looked at me, hugged me and said, "Son, don't wait till I'm Gone" those words I HEAR, So Loud and Clear of my Dad's Love for me. Dad knew the time was getting near last year. As he said those words and cried as he hugged me I felt his deepest sincere ALOHA that Dad has taught each of us.

Another memory is after Sonny Boy was set apart and made Bishop it was just Dad, Mom and Me in that room everyone walked outside and Dad grabbed me and hugged me and said, "Max, I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me" I knew what Dad meant and I was so touched by Dad's humility, compassion and Christ Like Love my Dad had for me that day. We held each other which felt like forever and just cried in each others arms. I felt so blessed and grateful that God blessed me with this man as my Dad. I remember dad singing me a song many years prior called, "There's my Daddy, whose over There, Since a tiny little boy with a tiny little Prayer"

My Last memory is seeing my #1 Fan, my Dad up in the stands as I played High School Football and Wrestled. Just hearing him cheer for me as loud as ever with my sister Tonya recording it all, as long as I can hear and see my Dad no one else mattered. Just knowing my Dad had my back and him jumping the fence as a brawl broke out my JV year and Dad throwing kids off to get to me, to protect me. I miss staying up late and eating ice cream on Friday nights after my games and wrestling matches and him expressing how proud he was. As I won Baseline League Region Champ in Wrestling and Dad coming up and almost breaking my back from his huge strong hug Dad looked at me in the eyes and Said "I knew, You Can Do It"  that memory of Dad's words still Ring in my head as I prepare for Baptism "I Knew, You Can Do It" As I see my 2 kids I completely understand the unconditional love a parent has for his kids as my Dad has had for me. I LOVE YOU DAD! Like Dad would say, Behind every good man is a GREAT Woman. Mom because of you, Dad is and Dad Will Be Ours for ALL Eternity. I LOVE YOU MOM.

As Dad Supported ALL of us Dad Love Saying this to, "YOU KNOW"

"YOU, LIVE TO SERVE, LEARN TO KNOW" Dad made that first part up as my definition. "YOU live to Serve"

With All My Love and Aloha, Max Seiuli Young Hannemann Ah Quin

No comments:

Post a Comment