Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Monday, September 9, 2013

Horlacher's Saying their Goodbyes

(All of these pictures are taken with my phone)
I had been at my sisters home for 4 days straight and I wanted to go home and shower and get some clothes and come back. Before we left at 10:30pm, I had a feeling that I needed to have my kids say their final GOODBYES to my dad and their Grandfather since they needed to be back at school.
Cambria and baby Maze sitting with Grandpa. She said that she kept thinking that this little guy just left heaven a couple days before and now grandpa is going to heaven. They were able to meet here on earth. It was so sweet to see her hand on grandpa's and her holding baby Maze. The spirit in Irene's home was so amazing with my dad teetering between heaven and earth.  
Cecilee LOVED her grandpa sooooo much and her little face on the left picture says it all, "HER HEART WAS BROKEN!!!" She couldn't believe that she was saying her final goodbyes. She just wanted to hear him yell, "Go Cecilina!!!" one more time!
I was so glad that she was going to school and playing soccer for DIXIE at this crucial time in our lives, so that she could spend more time with him, before he goes home to heaven.  He loved when she would come and bring him Shave Ice with Li Hing Mui.
My sweet husband LOVED my dad so much!!!
He did NOT want to see him go!!
Bryan has been part of our family for over 30 years, so he and my dad were close!
Trevor and Sydnee were just so sad!!
They both whispered, "I love you Grandpa!"
It was just breaking my heart!!
This was my last look at my dad before I left.
My daughter Cecilee had taken a picture of me saying Goodbye to my dad,
that I didn't know she had taken.
But I am sooo glad that she did and sent it to me the next day!
That night when we got home at 11:30pm, I showered and fell asleep for a few minutes and I received a call that dad had passed away at 12:30am. I was soooo sad, but then I thought, my dad was waiting for me to leave.
Just the day before we were discussing as a family about how terrible of a passing dad may have to go through. My brothers wanted to know if us girls would be able to handle it. I spoke up and said that I didn't want to see my dad suffer like that, so I would have a hard time. My sisters said that they would be fine. So because I vocalized my feelings, my dad heard them and waited till I left.                 (That's what I believe)
But my dad's passing was absolutely BEAUTIFUL as witnessed by my sisters and brother Clay & his wife and Tia's husband Andy.
They said that dad sat up and looked right into my mom's eyes,
he was coherent and looked awake and my mom looked into his eyes and said,
"Clayton, I love you ~ GO, I will be fine!"
he laid down, he closed his eyes and was gone.
(I am soooo sad that I missed that, but I know that dad was ready to go home. And I am just sooo glad that he isn't suffering anymore!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment