Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Visitors come from Everywhere

So many people came to see my dad the last few days. Even though he wasn't coherent, he knew they were there. He was such a loved man.
 
 His brother Elliott got there on Monday morning and stayed by his side the whole day. He kept saying that when my dad left the island when he was 11 and my dad was 18, he cried and cried because his brother left him. He said that it was the saddest day of his life. Now he is crying again, because his brother is leaving him again. He loved my dad so much and my dad LOVED his brother so much!!
The counselors from Liahona Academy came to say their good byes.
It was sooo special to watch them and listen to what they said to my dad.
They LOVED him sooo much!!!! He LOVED them just as much!!
His Aunty Evalani came to see him. She hasn't traveled in 20yrs.
This was the first time leaving the island of Molokai.
When she heard that my dad was dying she didn't even think twice, she knew she needed to be here.
When she was here she made a comment, "That he was suppose to be mine!"
We found out that when my grandma was pregnant with my dad she was thinking about giving him up for adoption to Aunty Evalani, but ended up keeping him and raising him with Grandpa.
She still helped raise him and LOVED him as her own, his whole life!!!
It was wonderful having them come to see him and meeting them for the first time.
Of course Uncle Sale was at his side for a few days. Aunty and Uncle drove down as soon as they heard and slept in their car for two days, outside of Irene's house. Uncle Sale and my dad had a special bond.
I set up a time to Skype with the family from Hawaii on Sunday night.
I just wanted them to see my dad before he left us. Even though he couldn't talk to them he responded by shirking his shoulder towards them. We would say,
"Dad if you can hear us shirk your shoulder!"
He always responded.
Our good friends,The Daltons came to see dad.
Navy and Trevor have been best friends for years.
My dad knows Navy from watching him and Trevor play soccer.
He would come with Trevor to the hospital and rehab to see dad all of the time.
It was so nice of them to come and say good bye to dad.
Brian and Tina Henderson drove all of the way from California as soon as they saw on Facebook that dad was on hospice.
They loved my dad so much. My dad married them and kept a close eye on Brian as
he was a teenager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment