Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Friday, September 6, 2013

Hospice Care for Dad

 My heart is broken!!!
My dad has been transferred to hospice and they don't give him much time to live.
We had a meeting with all of the Dr.'s and nurses and they said that the fluid in overtaking dad's body and that he will drown in his own fluids because his body isn't expelling the fluid.
They have tried everything and dad's body isn't responding.
Dad was taken to Irene's home for hospice care. We all decided to camp out and stay with him until the time came for him to leave us. These pictures were taken by Cambria (secretly-without my knowledge) until a month later when she sent them to me. I am so grateful for these pictures.
I hope my dad knew how much I LOVED him and how all I wanted to do was care for him!
Irene is doing the morphine drip. Irene learned from the nurse and taught, Tia, Joe and Julee.
They all took turns administering the medicine.
(I didn't trust myself so I opted out of learning)
 
Aunty Joyce and Uncle Sale came as soon as they heard. They have been so wonderful and supportive for my mom and dad. They have always been there for our family. We love them soo much! We sat in the same room with dad and watched old home videos. We loved hearing dad's voice and seeing the dad that we grew up with on the TV. The kids loved seeing dad and how funny he was. Irene's house was the smallest but it was so cozy for everyone to be there.  It was so sweet of Irene to open her home. It was exactly where we were all suppose to be. The spirit in Irene's home was beautiful.
Irene and Clay's ward was amazing and Irene's neighbor's could not do enough for our family.  
They kept bringing food, mattresses, drinks, anything we needed they were there. We had 3 wonderful family home evenings with dad and allowing everyone to share their feelings about dad and saying their good byes. It was a wonderful experience with all of my siblings. We were there from Friday, Sept 6th-Monday, Sept 9th.



No comments:

Post a Comment