Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Monday, September 16, 2013

Cambria's BLOG post - Celebration of Grandpa's Life

Yesterday was my Grandpa Ah Quin's funeral and it was absolutely beautiful.
I miss him so much and I have moments of strength and joy for him and other of tears and sadness but I know without a doubt that he is where he needs to be and that he is happy and out of pain with family and friends that love him.
Part of the reason I know this is because I have faith and the other is because the night he died we found lots of special notes in his planner/journal that were meant for us at that moment. One of those being this quote that my Grandpa wrote from a funeral that he went to. I took a picture of it so here it is in his beautiful hand writing...
 This beautiful note brings a lot of comfort, especially as we had his funeral this weekend.
We had a viewing Friday afternoon followed by a family home evening and dinner at Golden Coral, one of my grandpa's favorites.
Then Saturday we have another viewing from 9:00 to 10:30 then the funeral started at 11. After the funeral we went to the cemetery for the burial then we had a special celebration, a concert for my Grandpa where we showed videos of him singing his songs and we had dance numbers and slideshows while we ate delicious food.
It was a special day celebrating my Grandpa's life and his graduation from this mortal life.
I am SOOO grateful for the righteous example my Grandpa was and is to me and I am proud to call him my Grandpa.
I love you eternally Grandpa.
Here are some special moments I captured from yesterday.
 The day couldn't have been any more perfect. It was the type of day my Grandpa loved, bright and sunny!
 We all had a chance to say our final goodbye and place our leis on his casket.


My grandma was unbelievably STRONG through the whole day.
She has such a strong testimony of the PLAN and she knows where my grandpa is.
She was surrounded by so much LOVE from her children, grandchildren and siblings that came from everywhere to celebrate my grandpa's life with us.




 My grandma is so amazing and has been so strong through it all. Please keep her and all my family in your prayers.
 My grandpa was buried right next to my cousin Tierra, who passed away 6 days after her birth.

 Eternal love that lasts forever.


 Families are FOREVER!!!
It couldn't have been a more beautiful day and celebration, really! I know he was there and that he loved it!
I love you Grandpa and I am so proud to call you my Grandpa.
Much love and aloha, until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment