Some of the Tribe

Some of the Tribe
Keawe's Baptism

All 7 of us Kids with our kids

All 7 of us Kids with our kids
No Parents, just kids

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cambria's BLOG POST - 16 Candles

16 Candles.

(This picture was taken on my 16th birthday!!!)
Another beautiful memory I have of my grandpa is on my 16th birthday.
I had a sweet 16 birthday (never been kissed) and we had a family birthday party.
My grandpa came prepared with his karaoke machine and cd with the song "Sixteen Candles".
He set up his machine and sang Sixteen Candles to me
 while me and my dad danced to it in my living room.
I felt like a princess having my grandpa singing and dancing with my dad.
It was a beautiful moment that is forever engraved in my memory.
 My grandpa has a beautiful voice and I can't wait for the day when I will hear it again.
It's heartbreaking as I realize the things I took for granted while my grandpa
 was with me like listening to him sing his favorite songs and watching
his smile as he watches his family around him. Or hearing his testimony 
that he always bore at every family event. He truly is a deeply amazing person.

No comments:

Post a Comment